Welcome to the Reef Forum.
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Images
    Thanks

Talking My tank is starting to look better, I think

Here are some images I took today and yesterday of the tank. It's starting to look a bit fuller and some of the corals that survived are growing quickly.

First, fuul tank shot. Please ignore the mess that is around the tank.

And here are some random pictures of corals and fish.

Kind regards,

Gene.

Images from my previous tank http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...on%20reeftank/

Images
    Thanks
    Few more.

Kind regards,

Gene.

Images from my previous tank http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...on%20reeftank/

Images
    Thanks
    Couple of fish images, I think I used my 85mm f1.8 lens on this.

Angels of the reef first...

Now the tangs and rabbitfish.

This last image was shot with my cheapo 100mm Vivitar lens.
    Kind regards,

Gene.

Images
    Thanks
    Wow! Gene, those look GREAT! I really like this one: IMG_6772_original.jpg

Will you e-mail me the full res file on that one, I have a new printer I need to try out! ;)
    Need a Photographer?

Just say NO to CRABS

Mike

Images
    Thanks
    Thanks Mike!

I'll look around my hard drive and see if I kept this shot at full resolution or not. Lots of times I delete them because they look terrible at full resolution. If I find it I will send it your way. Which printer did you get?
    Kind regards,

Gene.

Just Moved In
    Thanks
    Breathtaking! Those pictures epitimize this hobby. Beautiful

Owner
    Images
    Thanks
    Looking great Gene, I know it has been a while coming for you.
    Like REEFLAND.COM on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Reefland

Images
    Thanks
    Thanks guys!

Scott, I hope I don't have to start from scratch again as I don't think I would have it in me.
    Kind regards,

Gene.

Governor
    Images
    Thanks
    Gene,

Great pics of both corals and fish! Nice to see everything moving along nicely.

Rebecca

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zhenya View Post
    Thanks Mike!

I'll look around my hard drive and see if I kept this shot at full resolution or not. Lots of times I delete them because they look terrible at full resolution. If I find it I will send it your way. Which printer did you get?
    Thanks Gene, just righ click the start button, hit search and paste in the filename! ;)

I bought the Epson R1800, and boy am I impressed! The biggest downside is the thing is an ink HOG! These cartridges are TINY for a printer that can print 13x19 borderless prints. Of course I discovered this AFTER I bought the thing.... Not that I would have changed my mind, but that is about the only thing I didn't read up on before purchasing...

I had also considered the Canon Pro9000, but that does not have a roll paper option, and roll paper is so much cheaper!

I also found a Continuous Ink Supply, that I may add to save some cash on ink. I haven't decided on that yet though, as it forces me to use 3rd party inks....
    Need a Photographer?

Just say NO to CRABS

Mike

Images
    Thanks
    Thanks Gene, just righ click the start button, hit search and paste in the filename! ;)
    Well, as I feared the file was saved as original and not a copy of it...
    Sorry about the clumsiness, Mike, I need to pay more attention to what I am doing in PS when I save files after work is done. I'm thinking that probably what happened is that I thought the file in full resolution was unuseable due to CA. In compressed form it is not as bad but probably was really noticeable in full size. Just my thinking though. It could've been my own brainfart...
    I can take another shot with the same settings if you need to try a printer. I have some other shots, though, that you may want to try. I can send you some in full resolution if it helps any.
    Kind regards,

Gene.

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zhenya View Post
    I can send you some in full resolution if it helps any.
    Don't sweat it Gene! Yes, go ahead and send me a couple of files that you particularly like, doesn't really matter what or who the subject is, I just want to print a few images from someone else's camera.... Just to make sure what I see is what I get type thing.

Thanks!
    Need a Photographer?

Just say NO to CRABS

Mike

Images
    Thanks
    Mike,

Sent a couple your way, let me know how it works out on the printer front.
    I've been looking at that model printer for a while now, so I'm an interested party you may say.
    Kind regards,

Gene.

Images
    Thanks
    I sure will Gene. My wife is on the Mac where the printer is at the moment...

So far I have been pleased with the results, once I downloaded the right .icc profile for the Ilford Paper I am using. I almost boxed the thing back up though, as I HATED the prints I was getting out of the box. The prints out of the box with the Standard profile had a ton of "bronzing" and also this weird effect when the prints were viewed from an angle, colors would change, and the blacks were oversaturated. Now however I am definately going to keep it, and may very well do all my printing in house for my wedding clients. It is that GOOD!

Another printer to consider Gene is that Canon I mentioned earlier. M. Reichmann has given that printer a fantastic review. For some weird reason I now have my eye on the Epson 3800, maybe for the larger ink carts, but then I lose the roll option again... Also that printer is a HUGE investment for me, especially after I consider it would be my 3rd printer purchase in 6 months. (R340, (not good enough) R1800, and then that one....)
    Need a Photographer?

Just say NO to CRABS

Mike

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I sure will Gene. My wife is on the Mac where the printer is at the moment...

So far I have been pleased with the results, once I downloaded the right .icc profile for the Ilford Paper I am using. I almost boxed the thing back up though, as I HATED the prints I was getting out of the box. The prints out of the box with the Standard profile had a ton of "bronzing" and also this weird effect when the prints were viewed from an angle, colors would change, and the blacks were oversaturated. Now however I am definately going to keep it, and may very well do all my printing in house for my wedding clients. It is that GOOD!

Another printer to consider Gene is that Canon I mentioned earlier. M. Reichmann has given that printer a fantastic review. For some weird reason I now have my eye on the Epson 3800, maybe for the larger ink carts, but then I lose the roll option again... Also that printer is a HUGE investment for me, especially after I consider it would be my 3rd printer purchase in 6 months. (R340, (not good enough) R1800, and then that one....)
    Man, sounds like lots of fun... I have R320 for 4x6 printing and an occasional 8x10, if shot is OK straight from the camera.

Good luck with it!
    Kind regards,

Gene.

Images
    Thanks
    Thanks Gene, actually it was kinda fun! I burned through almost a whole set of ink in the first 2 weeks!
    Need a Photographer?

Just say NO to CRABS

Mike

Images
    Thanks
    Well, here's few more images I took recently, hope you like them.

Here;s some new corals I just got.

Kind regards,

Gene.

Images
    Thanks
    And couple of fun shots.

Here's a closer shot of that new coral I got, it looks like I got few critters making a home in the coral skeleton and coral encrusting them in return..

And a different view of the table colony I got, I think they called this one A.sarmentosa which is no here nor there, of course...
    Kind regards,

Gene.

Images
    Thanks
    And of course, I have other interesting critters living in this tank that deserve to be shown.

Here's a picture of my, not overly colorfull, Holothurian and decent sized E.complanata worm foraging out during feeding time.

And we shouldn't forget the sponges and miniature starfishes that I have in the hundreds or maybe even more.

And I have some corals that I rarely take pictures off, like the Zoanthids or Favia.

This Zoanthids are the fastest growing polyps I've ever seen.

Hope you enjoy the images.
    Kind regards,

Gene.

Images
    Thanks
    Don't quite know how I missed this one, but man oh man, you do a fine job!!!! Your tank is looking great Gene, good to see it on the rebound, for sure!!! Congrats!!
    400 Gallon Reef Log
    Rome wasn't built in a day---neither is a reef

Willis--1998-2009---I will miss you.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information